International Financial Services Commission (IFSC)
The IFSC regulates the non-banking sector of Belize to ensure compliance with the standards set by the government. The IFSC license is designed to ensure that only certified businesses are allowed to engage in international financial services in or from within Belize.
The IFSC’s mandates are as follows:
- Promoting and developing Belize as a centre for international financial services
- Providing appropriate supervision and regulation of international financial services
- Protecting and enhancing the reputation of Belize as an offshore financial centre
- Formulating policies and providing assistance to the government on the regulation of such services
- Collecting, storing and disseminating reliable and timely information to interested parties on changes and new trends